Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bestest Blueberry Muffins

 This morning, I made what is quite possibly the best blueberry muffin I've ever tasted. That sounds quite a lot like bragging, but it's really delicious, and I love food, so I thought I'd share the recipe I used.  So that you too, can have this amazingness for breakfast(or anytime, really). 
Adapted from here. 

Bestest Blueberry Muffins- makes about a dozen muffins

Muffins:
2 3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. white sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/8 t. fine salt
1/8 t. nutmeg
3 T. veggie oil
6 T. applesauce
1 c. milk
 2 eggs
2 T. lemon zest
1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. blueberries (preferably fresh, but rinsed and thawed if frozen)

Glaze:
about 1/3 c. brown sugar
2-3 t. lemon juice
1 T. lemon zest

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Whisk together dry ingredients.
Mix in wet ingredients until just mixed, batter will be lumpy.
Fold in blueberries.
Pour into greased muffin tins.

Put in the oven.
Mix together the brown sugar and lemon juice/zest, as it's baking.
After 20 min. put about 1/2 teaspoon of glaze over each muffin, covering it, and place back in oven for 5 min.  (total cooking time: 25 min.)

Eat these right away, and they're just amazing.

I'm usually not a big fan of blueberry muffins, but these were blue-berry-y and moist and tangy and delicious. 


Enjoy!

Lillian ♥




4 comments:

  1. Ooh, those look really good! :)

    And you'll probably get like three new comments on random posts because I just found your blog and have been perusing through it. :) It's funny (if that's the word even) because on my old blog at (homeschoolblogger.com)I knew and talked sometimes to a girl named Lillian also.... :D

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! It looks delicious, will definitely try them (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm, that looks delish! Love the first pictures, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!