Friday, January 13, 2012

I still don't get it

I do love it when people notice my outfits.  It's something I have fun with, and I like feeling special I guess.  But when the focus is so obviously on me, like it is when I make a post like this, I don't know what the point is I'm trying to make.  I like getting dressed, and apparently other people like seeing my outfits, so that's what I do, but maybe the problem is the focus is on me.  I don't know.
God has made me who I am, with a love of color and a taste for patterns.  He's the one who's orchestrating this beautiful life he's given me.  So when I question what the purpose of sharing my outfits is, I'm searching for what God wants me to do with this gift he's given me.  My getting dressed and posting it, isn't bringing glory to Him.  I need to find that way to use this as a God-glorifying outlet, not just a self-centered one.  Any thoughts?
And my little sister is super cute, by the way.

Lillian ♥

P.S.  My lovely coral necklace is made by my friend Josie.  Thanks Josie! :)

9 comments:

  1. Jordan14.1.12

    I disagree. I don't think this is a self-centered outlet at all. I think that God has definately given you a talent for fashion, and displaying what you do with that talent not only brings glory to God, as he gave it to you, but doesn't come across as self-centered at all. It's not like your using this as a platform to say "look at me, look at how beautiful I am", your using it to say "look at how I'm using my God-given talent". It's no different than a great painter being happy and excited to share his artwork.

    Also, God doesn't do things randomly. He doesn't give people gifts just because, he gives everyone talents with the intention that they bear fruit. In the fashion world, there's a lot of negativity, immodesty, and a general "look-at-me" attitude, none of which you display here. Simply saying "I won't dress immodestly becuase God doesn't want me to" is taking a stand for what you believe in, and when someone who's not necissarily a Christian is flipping through fashion blogs and they come across yours, that can make a huge impact on that person's life. God has given you talent, and he will make sure it bears fruit. You've set up this blog, and God can make sure the right people see it and get impacted by it. So basically, keep it up and let God do the rest.

    Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    ~Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire beauty. It's a gift. Use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has made you beautiful, and you are reflecting his beauty and creativity! You always make me smile, and...Oh my goodness!!! I haven't seen your sister in soo long... she has grown to be such a gorgeous young woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie Pliego14.1.12

    LOVE IT! :) Colored pants are wonderful. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie Pliego14.1.12

    As to what your thoughts on this are and what I think, biblically, I guess I would say that you just shouldn't do anything against your conscience. Only if you are sure that it is glorifying the Lord.
    I guess I have more thoughts on this so I will shoot you a message :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too cute. <3 I love your outfit! I've been wanting a pair of red pants. :P

    like your necklace *winkwink* it made me so happy to see it. :) and your sister is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You glorify God when you give Him glory--which you are. And He is so pleased to see you enjoy the gifts that He gives you. It's worthy to think about, but don't overthink it. You are such a lovely young lady (as is your sweet sister!)
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. You guys are all terrific. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think by 'simply' posting modest outfits on here, you are glorify God by showing people that you CAN dress modestly and still look beautiful and cute!

    I've had the same kind of thoughts before.....

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!