Monday, February 06, 2012

A Black and White Breakfast

Black-and-white for a photograph always seems to evoke a still, crisp, clearness of all that it captures.  The essence of the photograph frozen in a timeless memory-filled moment.  I can almost feel the contrast of cold air outside and the comfort of the restaurant, the warmth of the freshly-washed mugs, and the wrinkled edges of our sketch paper. 
My father and I have very close birthdays, mine is the first, and his is the second of February.  And ever since I was very little we always made it a point to go out to breakfast a couple days before our birthdays and recap the year, talk about life, sketch in our home-made notebooks, and discuss the books we had read. 
These mornings always seems a bit surreal, like a black-and-white.  We get up before the first rays of sun have fully touched the mountains, and tiptoe to the kitchen, holding our shoes so as to not wake anyone.  We creep out in the cold January air, and drive to our favorite breakfast place. 
The early morning is one of my favorite times because of all the lovely breakfasts my father and I have enjoyed together, and even though I rarely have to wake up that early it makes the few times
I do, even more delicious. 
So thank you Daddy for all our breakfasts, they have always been so much more than food. 

Do you have any favorite Black-and-white moments?

Lillian ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!