Wednesday, January 04, 2012

A thirst for the barely tasted.

I have a thirst for the unknown, and a thirst for the barely tasted.  I want to travel.  I want to see the world.  Who doesn't, right? 

This summer I went to Hungary on a missions trip to teach English to teenagers.  It was a really great trip, and I hope to go back in the future.  It was my first time out of the US, a day in England, a few in Buddapest, and a week at a camp in Eger.  The new sights, sounds, smells, people, it all was so wonderful to take in.  I smile thinking about it.  I have so many fond memories.

Exploring a castle in Pest, meeting all the wonderful students at the camp, staying up past midnight laughing and talking, getting lost in London, eating fish and chips at a terrific restaurant in london, strolling along the river in Buddapest.  There are so many wonderful things from that trip that I will never forget.
  
And that trip was just the beginning.  As I hopped on trams and buses and trains and ran across busy streets the rush of it all was so exhilarating.
   
I want to go back.  So badly.  I hope that some summer in the not-so-distant future that I can go back, to the English Camp, for I miss those friends badly, and also to backpack around Europe.  I know it's cliche, but I don't care.  I want to lose myself in a new and exciting place, I want to live out of one backpack and love it, for a whole summer.  I want to immerse myself in the languages and customs.
I have a great and terrible thirst for it.


Lillian ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!