Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Food and Dreams

I really like food.  I say it all the time and my dad laughs at me ;) but it's true.  I like cooking and baking as well.  I like the colors and the smells and the different flavor combinations.  I like simple foods and complicated ones, and I like changing recipes to be my own.

It's a little adventure for me to take a recipe and find something that makes it even better.
I like planning the meals out and going grocery shopping for the ingredients.  I often cook for my family, and feeding them, and seeing their faces as they smell something delicious (or if a meal doesn't smell delicious ;) is so rewarding(or comical).
I know that whatever I do in life, I will always hope to have a kitchen and mouths to feed.  I love children, and hope to have many of my own.  I hope to pass on my love of food, and teach little hands to cook.  
I want to teach children how to make a pie and flip a pancake.  I want to feed the hungry.  Now, and for the rest of my life, I want to be willing and eager to be hospitable, to feed, to laugh and to talk with all of God's children.

Lillian ♥


this and this.  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!