Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving.

As Christians, Thanksgiving day shouldn't be a special occasion.  Thanksgiving day should be everyday.  Don't you think?  We should be praying with thanksgiving and praise to our great Creator.  Every. Day. 

But sometimes life "gets in the way" right?  Sometimes I need this, or don't feel like it, or I am just praying for a specific thing or person.  That shouldn't be an excuse. 

In all things be thankful: "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly... and as you sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." (Colossians 3:15-17)

We should be giving thanks in all things, and living fully the life God has given us. 

In the midst of trials: "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:  Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefor I will wait for him.'" (Lamentations 3:21-23)
Even in the midst of trials we shouldn't turn away or beg for things to be "all right" from God.  God has a great reason for everything and we should learn to be like Paul and Job and Jeremiah and praise God through the trials, knowing that God has us in His hands.  We should trust that he will not give us more than we can handle, as he promised, and that it's all for His glory.  We should use our trials to bring glory to Him.  Not just ask for something better.  

With Praise and Thanksgiving: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6)
It doesn't matter the reason we got on our knees, we should always remember to thank God.  He's got us in His hands. 

Because we serve a great God.  He's given me an amazing life, a life I should be thankful for, and praise him for every day.  I should be living for him every day.  We should be living for Him every day. 


So as we near the day that's become known as the "stuff-yourself-and-watch-football" day, let's take a moment, or you know, the whole day, our whole lives to be thankful to our amazing, loving, generous God. 

But don't forget how much Jesus liked food.  It's okay to eat some delicious food.  God wants us to eat together. 

"Listen, listen to me and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.  Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live." (Isaiah 55:2-3)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Lillian ♥


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!