Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Living Joyously

School.

Firstly,
I am often dissatisfied with what I am doing, or even who I am.  I think that "if only" I did this, or had that, that my life would magically become better, or that I would be happier.  But I am lying to myself.  I know that I need to work diligently in my work that God has set before me, and I know that I have to be the one to initiate these things.  God has given me an amazing life, and I am not living to bring Him glory to the best of my ability.

Secondly,
Part of the reason I have been dissatisfied has been because of the discontented norm our society has brought on itself, and the perfection of life that is so easy to translate onto the Internet when blogging and talking to other people over the Internet.  At this point in my life, I've been very jealous, unwilling to change, and then upset because of the mixture of those two.

Thirdly,
Many blogs these days have such an amazing simplicity and joy that I am so jealous of.  The writers, though acknowledging everything is not perfect, seem to be so happy and lovely, and even when they "confess" everything seems so perfect.  I want to take those lovely blog posts as inspiration to live my days.  I want to live with that simple joy, bringing praise to God.  Not just being jealous of their lives. 
 
I am generally a pretty lazy person, and I want to change that.  I want to live with a joy of life worthy of our great Creator.  And when I realize I've wasted another day, doing practically nothing, I get mad at myself instead of changing it.  That's not what God wants me to do.  I'm not posting this to just complain, I'm starting this blog to keep myself accountable for my days.  I want to live joyously, not dwelling on the negative things, that do happen, but living each day to it's very fullest.  I don't want to to be simply swayed by what other people do and say, I want to become the woman God wants me to be. 

This is probably my favorite group of verses ever.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

So here's my journey in blog form, keeping me accountable.

Living joyously, one day at a time.

Lillian ♥

4 comments:

  1. Emilyann9.11.11

    You are beautiful. I cannot wait to keep up with your new project, lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate and I'm so excited to follow you through this journey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!