Thursday, November 10, 2011

Beginnings

 Oh goodness.  There are so many things I want to say, that I keep re-writing this same paragraph.  I've had so many thoughts and ideas and even a note from a friend regarding this new project (Hi Jordan:), that my brain is just exploding.  Of course, after a few weeks I'll probably be starting to feel the monotony, but that's why I started this blog.  To be accountable for living joyously. 

So, day 1 of my "project" I got off the computer a bit early, played the guitar for a long while, sketched some, and cut out pictures from some magazines for my wall.  It wasn't that early that I got off the computer, and the song I'm playing doesn't sound that much better, and my sketch wasn't that great, but it was lovely putting effort into some things that I didn't view as chores, or put off lazily. 

Yesterday afternoon, I had a couple errands to run, and so my mom dropped me off (only have my permit, because I just.. didn't get my permit... for forever) on the little main street of our town and I walked around a bit.  I went to this used book shop and picked up Jane Eyre, and a selection of Poe's stories.   I then walked aimlessly through some other shops, went to the library (I know, redundant), bought some chocolate at the bulk foods store, and then met my mom at a coffee shop.  Then, we went to this awesome little, privately owned guitar shop.  It was very exciting.  I picked out the guitar I liked, and we'll go back with my pastor who knows guitars, to buy it later (he said he'd come with me so I get a good guitar for my price and all that).  Then, I had modern (dance) class and choreography class, which were both lovely.  It was a very nice day. 

I picked up this book a little while ago from the library and just started reading it.  It is very interesting, though I won't recommend it til I've finished reading it.  It's got some iffy subjects, though it's a terrific story so far.  Sometimes I'm not the best judge though. 

Anyway.  That's what my past couple days have been like.  Just the idea of new beginnings and clean slates just put me in a good mood.  I'm more apt to do things, than just be lazy or just think about them.  And I like that a lot.  My blogging won't always be like this, just a re-cap.  I plan on still doing occasional outfit posts, because I like getting dressed, and I know I like seeing what other people wear.  I'll post what I'm thinking, pictures I'm taking and the like.  But I guess for now, my focus is on documenting life, and living fully.  Having this blog to keep me accountable is nice. 

Also, we serve a mighty God.  He's doing things we can't understand, for reasons we won't understand.  But He is mighty, and loves us very much.  

“God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’” (Job 37:5-6 NIV)

Have a lovely Thursday!

Lillian ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!