Friday, April 26, 2013

David + Alicia

This was my first little jaunt into the land of shooting couples, and while I realize I have an incredible amount of things to learn, that's a good thing, and I rather liked the experience.  I wasn't particularly pleased with this lot of images, but at least I know now where I can improve.  But while I don't think my images really do them justice, they're still silly and sweet and were great models.

I had nervous butterflies as I sat in a coffee shop doing physics homework sipping a mocha breve.  "It's just David and Alicia," I told myself.  "It's not that big of a deal, they're cute and it'll be great."  They've been married for a year and a half, and are the worship leaders at our church.  David was home schooled (that explains a lot ;) and Alicia collects little tea cups and tea pots and makes lovely jewelry and art.  Music is very central in their life, and they're building a community of artists dedicated to helping the needy through their art, of which I'm going to be a part of soon.  These two are super cool, and I cannot wait to do more things with them in the future.





























18 comments:

  1. aww these are SO cute!! love them :))
    -allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, LILLIAN. these are amaaaazing. whoa. :) especially this one. just wow, girl. :) so much emotion, and expression. so so so beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Truly amazing. :) Especially for your first time! oh, and I love the colors! So natural, which I like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lill!! these are fantastic -- so authentic and real. I can feel the fun vibe from them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an adorable couple. i love these images, lillian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so...lillian...HOW ARE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS ALWAYS SO AMAZING?! if you could let me know, that'd be cool. kbye.
    but seriously. these are really lovely and just absolutely adorable. LOVE THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness. lillian. I ADORE THESE. so stinkin' adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can tell that they are kind of nervous in these pictures

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are SO soo cute! The last shot is auumygosh. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous28.4.13

    I love how you can see their emotions! They are so adorable and so happy :) I also love how you used black and white and color shots. These were really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are all wayyyy to lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1.5.13

    Such a darling couple. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahh i love these soooo very much, lillian. brilliant work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, dear, these are gorgeous. I think your first venture into couple photography is marvelous! They seem like such a fun, sweet pair, too. :)

    P.S. I had some inkling on Twitter that you're going to SPU next year? Yes? Maybe? Do, do, do. Seattle is the best! Forests and lakes and mountains and the Sound. ♥ Ahhh, I love my city. Haha, you really should, though! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Seattle Pacific University in the fall most likely :)

      Delete
    2. Yay! I hope you'll share some of your adventures with us. :) And living next to the water is the best, just sayin'. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!