Wednesday, January 23, 2013


I really like good food.  I also really love making good food.  I would spend all day cooking and eating if I had the choice.  I'd plan meals and go grocery shopping, cook it up, take pictures (look at all those yummy colors!) and eat it, all day long.
This is a pizza of sorts I suppose, and here's how you can make it.

Ingredients:
butternut squash, sauteed in butter and olive oil, lightly salted and peppered(more than you'd normally put on "pizza" is really good)
any dark greens (arugula, spinach, mixed greens)
red onions, sauteed
havarti (or other yummy cheese)
if you want to season it more than s + p, I'd suggest sage.
pizza dough (or frozen dinner roll dough if you're lazy like me)(but hey, use what you have)

place it all in a pan.  bake it.  take pictures of it.  take pictures of your adorable kitten.  eat it.

12 comments:

  1. Can I have the kitten, pretty please? And food would be nice too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm really hungry haha. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my giddy aunt. this is... i can't even describe how perfect it looks and probably tastes. pizza is my favourite. veggies are my favourite. a mash of the two? - DOUBLETRIPLEWHATEVER FAVOURITE.

    speaking of good food, now i'm eating apples dipped in honey; (yumminess to the tenth degree).

    also, you forgot to mention to put honey on the pizza, like carlotta does. AH HOW COULD YOU?! ;)

    XXXs from englnad

    a

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygracious, girl! this looks absolutely amazing. i lovelove eating, but cooking doesn't really float my boat. sometimes though i enjoy it, and when i do cook i always always have to take bajillions of pictures of it haha. oh and that square pan makes everything ten times better. in love. and your cat is adorable. almost as cute as puppy (my cat). almost. ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah. ahhhhh. ahhhhhhhhhh.
    this looks so good.
    we're having stew tonight. so I'm making this for dinner tomorrow.
    oh, look. butternut squash in the fridge.
    perfect. :)

    but this is really very lovely. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. butternut squash is my one true love.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous24.1.13

    This sounds so delicious. We're having my favourite meal for dinner tonight, roasted butternut squash (best ever) with spinach and some really nice goat's cheese. I'll be making your pizza at the weekend, for sure. I'm getting hungry just thinking about how good that tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks sooo good! what's hilarious is that i haven't ever even tried half of the ingredients on that list - oh well. guess that's what happens when you grow up in a family with a picky mother and lots of younger siblings who eat a strict diet of chicken nuggets, cheddar cheese, and milk. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you must try it! Good food is good!

      Delete
  8. this looks absolutely scrumptious!!! if your food photography is as lovely as it is - I wonder just how good this is. *smile*
    so glad to have stumbled on your sweet little corner of the blogging world. xoxo
    >>----> gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11.2.13

    Butternut squash! Yum! I must make this soon because it looks simply divine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!