Friday, January 04, 2013

A sequined skirt for the new year


A sparkly skirt for the New Year.  On New Years we all piled in the van and drove to Denver for a day of Van Gogh at the Denver Art Museum.  It was a wonderful exhibit, portraying his entire life and the way he grew through his career.  If you're not familiar with the dutch post-impressionist painter, you must become so.  His raw emotional works are intense and beautifully done.  It was incredible to see his ten year journey as an artist before his untimely death by what was probably an accidental shooting while he was out in a field near his home.  His ten years of works at the show that we were able to see showed his journey so well.  We saw his beginning in black and white inks and charcoal, with rough workmanship portraying rough, raw life, through his exploration of japanese-style painting and the introduction of color into his works.  There were stories behind his paintings, and emotion, and real life, and I really enjoyed seeing the product of the life of this now-famous painter.

After the museum, we were all starving and drove around looking for food, but I saw the beautiful light and made everyone climb out for some family photos (coming later) and an outfit picture.  Then we ate greek food.

Happy Friday!

LISTENING and LAUGHING 

lillian rachel

14 comments:

  1. You're so cute and stylish! I love your skirt. Isn't glitter just the best? Van Gogh's pretty cool, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo you're kind of just really pretty and all that. Can I be you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just too gorgeous, girl. i'd love to go and see some of his paintings sometime. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and your glittery skirt. :)))
    I wish I could have seen the Van Gogh exhibit! Painting and "art art" will always be close to my heart, partially because it was my first love in the arts. And I've always loved Van Gogh's work. So much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, your outfit? The cutest! Sequins and glitter are my favorite (when I'm in the mood) I wish I would have the confidence to pull this off. xx | Natalia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your outfit, Lillian! you are so pretty--inside and out. :) and I would love to see the Van Gogh exhibit! his work has always been so enchanting to me. :) sounds like fun! (and looking forward to those pictures. ;))

    xo, mikailah
    www.maid4him.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a lovely time. I like art museums :)

    your outfit is super cute :) Love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, very nice skirt. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, you are gorgeous. :) love you + the outfit. xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  10. You posteeeed! And you look amaaaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh hey. you're super adorable. the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh so pretty! Love your blog, girl - I found you via Fernweh (is that how you spell it, lol!?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're adorable, and I love that skirt. Sequins are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12.1.13

    THAT JACKET!!!! where did you find such a prize, may i ask? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!