Monday, January 28, 2013

Faerie Queen // Prose


I am a child of the oak and maple forests of the east, of rich trees and secret rivers, rushing, cold.  Will you hike up-current with me?  Galoshes mean dry knees. A plastic baggie holds a sandwich, a thermos, my tea.    We will find the hidden island, obscured by the weeds, there is moss to sit upon, and we can climb the trees?  A sketchbook holds my memories, a pencil is in my hand, I can remember this for always (but hold still please).  Take this bit of string, we can fish for our lunch, I haven't ever caught anything, don't worry too much (I have turkey and cheese).  Come quick, be quiet, you don't want them to find us!  I'll be on lookout, and make our flower crowns, you can set the table, and warm up the tea.  Isn't it nice?  This is my land, and I am the faerie-queen.

11 comments:

  1. oh oh oh. i love this. you have such a gift for words, friend. xx

    ( the alcove )

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my land, and I am the faerie-queen.

    goosebumps.


    really
    beautiful.


    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, absolutely beautiful. :)) love the picture too.

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^ "I am the faerie-queen." what hannah said. this is beautiful. truly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. reminds me of Bridge to Terabithia. Exquisite words Lilly <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, lillian. your words give me chills; they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually think this is wonderful. <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous28.1.13

    so lovely, your words

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. i'll probably come back and read this over and over in the next week, that's how good that was. you're gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your writing is absolutely lovely, i'll have to commend you for that :) x
    -Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  11. And you WROTE this yourself? Wonderful, absolutely enchanting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!