Thursday, December 13, 2012

Camille












i.  Here are some shots I've taken the past few days of my mini me, Camille.  From a night of wearing fox ears and shivering while looking at Christmas lights, sitting on my desk, and taking pictures in the cold whilst waiting for our brother to get his hair cut.

ii.  It's interesting to try to manual focus every single picture because right now I have my dad's AF lens on a AF-S compatible camera.  It's difficult to focus farther away, but I like the challenge for now, until I can get my own lens.

iii.  Finally printed out all my pages of college apps, and have them all labeled in separate manila folders, all crisp on my desk.  I've got a lot of filling out my name and info to do, and essays to finish writing, but it's not as hectic now.

iv.  Dancing every night for several hours, in preparation for my last Nutcracker.  I've got four parts, and my sisters have a couple each too.  I'm very nervous, as I've got new shoes, which I hate, and it's not as perfect as I want yet, but I'm so happy to dance it all.

This is life, and it is good.

lil.


14 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! she is so a mini you! pretty as ever as well! lovelovelove her boots. these are lovely. :) xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOso cute! Like seriously, her laughing face is adorable.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word these are stunning of her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so beautiful, Lilian! wow. she is totally a mini you! :) such lovely pictures, and such a lovely subject. also, your words. gah. :)

    xx / mikailah

    www.maid4him.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful, and these pictures are perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your pictures, they are so awe inspiring. And of course you and your whole family are unearthly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the soft focus in these photos and the nostalgia and emotion they capture. Serious chills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these images, Lillian :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these frames they express a lot of emotion and hint of nostalgia hidden beneath them, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are so gorgeous. loving the focus. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. did you know that she has your face? and it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pictures are beautiful. I especially love the whimisicalness of the first one, and of course her laughing face, too. It's always beautiful when you can catch someone in the act of happiness.

    I may or may not have just gone through and read most of your old posts and you're definitely developing a unique style which is cool to see. Also, you have terrific music taste.

    Good luck with your college apps, and with the Nutcracker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kendall, thank you a lot. It makes me really happy that for some reason you kept scrolling through the things I've documented, and then commented here. I sometimes look back at posts and laugh at myself, but also it makes me happy to see where I've come from. So thank you, I really appreciate your words, and your good luck. And music is great stuff. :)

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous pictures. I've just discovered your blog and it's great! I can't wait for your next post :).

    --Daniela

    ww-litbythecrescentmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!