Friday, August 24, 2012

In Starbucks

I am sitting in Starbucks.  My legs are a little cold, and I need to get to my chemistry homework.  But I'm looking around me and I'm just suddenly awed by life.  There is a couple sitting outside who I would love to photograph.  They look kind of young, he's drinking a frapp and she has a iced green tea.  He is wearing a crisp light blue pinstriped shirt and she is wearing a black and white cardigan.  There is a man across from me who definitely doesn't know I'm writing about him.  Oops, maybe he does, we just made eye contact.  He's reading what looks like a coffee table photography book, I can't quite tell, and he brought his own mug for his black coffee.  He has cool black and green leather nike hightops.   
A man in paint-splattered whites just walked out with two hot drinks, and there is a group of three sitting and chatting.  The man has a nice beard.  
I don't know, I should be doing chemistry, but instead I'm writing this down, because we don't often think about the lives around us do we?  I so often write about myself- you know, twitter, facebook, instagram... everything is so geared to bring attention to ourselves and I guess in this little moment I just want to capture the lovelyness of everyday life, of people.  There are lives and pains and joys and sadness and sillyness and love in each person around us, and we cannot even fathom a portion of these lives.  Just think how precious each person around us is.  
And so often I just sit back and keep in my own little world.  Or even worse, I'm rude to some stranger just because I'm not happy at that moment.  
So here's my little reminder for myself- treasure life.  Because each person around us has a story, and how amazing those stories must be.  And you know what?  I am really grateful and in love with my Creator who fathomed those stories and planted those loves and watered those friendships and yes, allowed that pain.  It's all for His glory, and I just think He is great.  

Back to chemistry.

lillian rachel. 

8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautifully written. I love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so great... loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog - you have an excellent writing style, and your photography is beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous24.8.12

    This is so great. So, so great. I usually the wallflower girl in public places and my mind often wanders the same thing. Everyone has a story; everyone is going through something. I really enjoy your blog my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautifully cute post! <3

    eve @ essence of eve

    ReplyDelete
  6. just found your blog, and it is just wonderful. This post is amazing, your words just kept me thinking all day! :) x
    - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your wonderfully kind comments, it means a lot to me. :)
    xo

    lillian rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. dude, this made me tear up. thank you for this reminder and piece of beauty. thank you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!