Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blueberry picking



Man was it hot.  We went blueberry picking at my grandma and grandpa's house in upstate New York when we visited them this summer, and it was so hot that you started sweating just standing outside.  My cousins and aunts and one of my uncles, and my parents and siblings and grandma went picking and my aunt wanted to fill several buckets full to take home and freeze, so we had some serious work to do.  Of course, the heat kind of got in the way, and we stopped picking earlier than we had hoped, but it was still a really fun time talking and laughing and filling our buckets with luscious blue berries.  And maybe we filled our stomachs too.  

lillian rachel. 



7 comments:

  1. Anonymous25.8.12

    i love berry picking. i need to do this again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25.8.12

    Oh my gosh. I'm highly allergic to them but I love blueberry fields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe strawberry or apple picking would be more for you ;)

      Delete
  3. i've never been berry-picking, but i love blueberries, and i hear it's a blast. maybe one of these days i'll get the chance.

    lovely post. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Apple picking is great fun too :)

      Delete
  4. i went blueberry picking for the first time in my life in Idaho a couple of weeks ago. I loved it! we got so much. I only hated the spiders! They were everywhere and i was scared to grab some berries hiding in the bush..

    ps: we're hosting a surprise painting giveaway on our blog this week - you're invited!
    http://chestnutmocha.blogspot.com/2012/08/painting-giveaway.html
    katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!