Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Things that fit perfectly together

 So.  I was thinking about memories and the ways things have a way of attaching themselves to other things.  How I think of summer and juice dripping down my elbows when I look at these pictures.  The way a certain jar of home-made (home-harvested? gathered?) honey reminds me of a friend.  The way parsley reminds me of my littlest sister, and I always associate "One Day" and "Wavin' Flag" with our trip to Hungary.  LOTR reminds me of a childhood friend.  The quilt on my bed reminds me of a neighbor. 
Specialness can stick to things because of the memories you attach to them, don't you think?  A color, a song, a food.  An emotion, a movie, a season.  Human being are pretty neat I think.   
 I feel like I should have some sort of moral to this, a perfect way of wrapping a post up, but I don't really.  I just find people and memories fascinating. 

Lillian ♥

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4.4.12

    I love you. - Emilyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. so...I love this. and you. that's all. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently zested and juiced 12 limes for sorbet and another desert. So yummy. <3
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is true.
    Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!