Thursday, September 19, 2013













I didn't care for the sun, 'til I was promised the rain.  

I've been learning to appreciate the things in front of me.
I know I'll miss:

+singing down main street with my sisters
+sunshine
+mountain views from my bedroom window
+simply being able to cook meals whenever I want
+inside jokes with these ones
+hugs
+my kittums
+grocery trips with my sisters
+dropping my brother off at soccer, and generally
just trying to embarrass him as much as possible 
+watching my parents pray together and be cute
+family time
+the incurable sunshine of CO
+the dryness of CO
+the quiet of the fields two blocks over
+coyotes howling and cows mooing
+the streetlight a block over
+family morning sounds of preparation as I wake
+my sister waking my to "borrow" clothing
+family prayer before meals
+mealtime
+watching my dad work in his studio
+running errands with my mom
+watching my siblings grow up

the list goes on.


10 comments:

  1. You're SUCH a good photographer! Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these words and photos. tears. (i could cry.)
    x
    ps what do you edit your photos with? because hot dang they're too pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Lightroom and vsco, usually tweaked. Those cool yawning lights and sunflares were SOOC though, so it was fun to see that. :)

      Delete
    2. Acacia13.10.13

      thanks, dear! :)

      Delete
  3. this. precious. life is full of so many wonderful things! Blessings on this new chapter of your life, Lillian!

    ~Madi

    ReplyDelete
  4. you'll definitely miss these things (and you'll appreciate them even more on weekends/summers/vacations you come home), but it'll be such an adventure making new memories/traditions up in seattle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this list. i remember when i came back from being in el salvador for two months how much i noticed all those little things that i didn't realise i had missed or needed so much. i imagine knowing you'll be leaving is similar. so exciting though, the doors god opens up. can't wait to watch you on this new chapter of your life. (that sounded stalkery aha) -natalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with the before-the-rain vs. after/during-the-rain. So, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are exquisite. you have such a gift.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I am stalking your blog. No, I am not ashamed. Yes, I miss you. Yes, I like this list and it makes me laugh. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!