Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Streetlights


streetlights (through tears)  
the reds and greens and yellow lights yawning through the dark night.  
curled up in bed, I trace patterns in the fogged up glass, fingertips growing cold.
outside (automobiles)
splashing away puddles, some more viciously than others.
a woman pulls up to the pharmacy across the street, and rushes out,
pulling her hood up
perhaps fetching medicine for a sick husband, or a package of barrettes.  
a lover's squabble, a movie picked up for three, or bagels for the morning's breakfast:  
       another night.  
tracing patterns on the glass.  palms to flushed cheeks.
never realizing this love, through tears, of the night.   
lillian rachel.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   


I've been particularly enjoying the use of my dad's 50mm f/1.8 lens, but my arms aren't quite long enough for variation if I'm taking shots of myself.  ;)

I've been reading Moby Dick for school, and I really enjoy it.  Next time you don't know what to read, try to spend some time on it, he is funny, and interesting, and his thoughts on life are really lovely.  There's a reason this is such a famous book.
"With other men, perhaps, such things would not have been inducements; but as for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote.  I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts." 

I've been writing at least three pages a day, which has been wonderful.  Bits of life, random thoughts, a diary of sorts.  Just words on a page to start my day.  So good for me.

Sometimes I like to write things on my arms, or hands, or wrists.  Not really notes and such, but verses and encouragements, and things that I want to remember each moment of the day.  Right now I have still the greatest treasure like the words from the song Come, now is the time to Worship.  Where it says "still the greatest treasure remains for those who gladly choose him now"  Our greatest treasure right now, is knowing God.  I forget that all the time.

lr.         

3 comments:

  1. your blog posts improve my days so much. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world do you hit upon the perfect word every time? "Our greatest treasure right now, is knowing God." This. Precisely this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I love reading a good book in the fall. (:
    Also. YOU ARE SO STUNNING.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!