Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Looking forward to each new smile

Life.  it's not always perfect, but I like to focus on the happy things.  the things that make me smile when I remember them.  the little things.  the memories.  time with people I love.  silly things.  good times.  full joy.  

Colorful socks. the consumption of massive amounts of grapes.  playing baseball in the park.  my brother's soccer games. fizzy candy.  moments of quiet.  ballet.  new inspiration for my walls.  summertimes.  board games with people I like.  graduation parties and classy people.  reading poetry aloud to my sisters.  planning summertime.  feeling accomplished at the end of taking the SAT.  music listening.  watching the office.  ha.  the bubbly joyfulness of some moments.  free time.  being happy.  

"This is my commandment that you love one another, that your joy may be full." (a vbs song from when I was really little.  I love it.)

I want to look back on my life and remember all the times I spent smiling, and I want to spend the present consistently looking forward to each new smile.  I want to love people and live joyfully.  I want to be fully Christ's, and do His bidding, being known as having 'a soul that was wildly beautiful', different for the joy I have in Him. 

l.

4 comments:

  1. love your instagram pictures! love this post, too. (:

    oriana
    http://this-real-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! These pictures are SUPER fun. And this post is so wonderful. God is amazing; he gives us joy!

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think, I appreciate all your words!